2. TYPE OF INFORMATION
EdIndia may collect information including but not limited to your age, gender, first and last name, birth date, title, zip code/pin code, occupation, industry, demographical information, company or any other physical address, contact number, email or other contact information and other relevant data about your use of our services. You will also be asked to create a username and password that will enable you to access your personal account. To confirm your identity, certain steps of verification may be put in place. It is your sole responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your password and account information. EdIndia cannot be liable for any damage occurring as a consequence of negligence on the part of the user.
3. USE OF INFORMATION
As applicable, the information collected by EdIndia shall be used for following purposes:
- to deliver, improve and personalise our services to you in accordance with your preferences;
- administer your account(s);
- send you service related communications;
- respond to your requests and feedback;
- contact you about a submission you may have made;
- analyse and/or improve our services;
- personalise the way the websites maintained by EdIndia and its content is presented to you online;
- deliver interest-based advertising based upon your browsing of EdIndia and others;
- to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities (including copyright infringement), suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of EdIndia ’s or any policies thereof or as otherwise required by law;
- filter spam and other inappropriate content from our services;
- block disruptive users and protect the safety of users of our services;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our email suppression list;
- seek your feedback or to contact you in relation to the products and services offered on EdIndia ;
- send you, from time to time, updates or advertisements;
- anticipate and resolve problems related to EdIndia ;
- inform you of any changes or updates on EdIndia, or to send you additional information about EdIndia or our Websites;
- respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, Protect and defend the rights or property of websites maintained by EdIndia or the users of EdIndia ;
- In case of merger or acquisition with another company or entity, transfer of information about you to such entity;
- remove, if need be all the personally identifiable information and use the rest for historical, statistical or scientific purposes;
- To use it for any other purpose as deem fit by EdIndia.
4. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- We shall endeavor to keep your personal information confidential, and not supply it to any third party without your consent, unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so.
- EdIndia may offer interactive forums such as comments, chat rooms, discussion forums, etc. Any information that is disclosed in these forums becomes public information and you should exercise abundant caution if you decide to disclose your Personal Information in these forums. Any content, whether copyrightable or not, posted by any user or member of EdIndia will be public and viewable by all.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Mobile Application may use existing software and hardware of the device for providing a better experience while using the Mobile Application.
5. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- Links to third party websites on EdIndia might be provided solely as a convenience measure. If these links are used, you will leave EdIndia. EdIndia has not reviewed all of these third-party sites and does not control and is not responsible for any of these sites or their content. Thus, EdIndia do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any information, software or other products or materials or advice found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them.
- Any access of the third-party sites linked to EdIndia is done entirely at the own risk. It is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at such third-party websites to confirm that you understand and agree with them.
- It must also be noted by the user that before using the websites or the name EdIndia on any other page, site, index, reference or display of information relating to EdIndia proper accreditation and prior permission must be taken from EdIndia failing to do so shall be considered a violation and may attract legal actions.
7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of every minor is especially important to EdIndia. EdIndia is not structured to attract minor children less than eighteen (18) years. Accordingly, EdIndia do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone EdIndia knows to be under 18 years. If you are aged under 18, EdIndia requests that you do not provide EdIndia with information relating to you or to others. Please seek the guidance of your parent or guardian before using EdIndia’s services. If you are the parent or guardian of a child who is aged under 18 and you become aware that your child has provided EdIndia with information without your consent, please contact EdIndia at technology@EdIndia.org.
8.UPDATES AND CHANGES
EdIndia reserve the right, at any time, to add to, change, update or modify this Policy without any notice to you. Any such change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting on EdIndia. It is your responsibility to review this Policy from time to time to ensure that you continue to agree with all of its terms.
EdIndia take reasonable precautions to maintain the protection of personally identifiable information collected and used in consonance with our Privacy Statement. In addition to technical safeguards, EdIndia also uses physical controls and procedures to safeguard your personally identifiable information. However, EdIndia cannot guarantee that it is completely secure from people who might attempt to evade our security measures or intercept transmissions over the Internet.
If you have any queries about our Internet Privacy Statement or other aspects of privacy on EdIndia, please contact EdIndia at email@example.com