Regional Lead – Partnerships and Strategy
EdIndia Foundation (EIF)3” is a section 8 non-profit organisation. It’s incubated out of CSR funds of Sterlite Power and Group companies.
EdIndia Foundation envisages to create sustainable educational interventions at scale leveraging technology. The focus of the Indian education system has been shifting from providing access to schools to ensuring acquisition of learning outcomes.
EIF views its role as system integrator, keen on designing and rolling out large scale, Pan-India programs. As part of its aggressive scale-up plans EIF is expanding its management team and is seeking to recruit a Regional Lead – Partnerships and Strategy. The proposed role will work centrally in the Foundation with the Lead Strategy keeping in mind the vision to develop and scale the Pragyan and Nirnay programs and expand strategic partnerships with external stakeholders.
EIF has been running a set of Teacher Capacity Building Programs with Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) and Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC) schools. The interventions are adapted to current challenges in Covid. Earlier EIF was running English Phonics Reading Program in 400 Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) schools over Virtual Classrooms, since 2012. This program impacted more than 2 lakh students.
We are in the process of deepening our intervention with MCGM by introducing innovations such as data analytics and visual dashboards on Mobile to enable easy analyse to analytical insights pertaining to teaching quality and inform capacity building strategy of MCGM education outreach through our Program called ‘Nirnay’.
EIF has also set up an innovative intervention in Rajasthan with 100 schools leveraging technology to build teacher capacity in government school system. This project is unique and is set to collaborate with an “tier A
US university to become a pilot lab for tech enabled classroom practices. The program aims to reach out to 2000 schools by 2021.
- Responsible for the development and oversight of all external partnerships for EIF initiatives in Maharashtra, Goa and adjoining regions.
- In addition to strategy development, the position will be responsible for implementation of the strategy, negotiation and on boarding of relevant partners – govt as well as technical.
- Input into the long term financial sustainability strategy of the Foundation’s interventions through a combination of internal resources and external funders. This would involve identifying and developing relationships for external sources of funding.
- Develop and implement an external relations strategy, responsible for creating a network with other corporate foundations and government programs for joint implementation where there is a geographic and strategic synergy in implementation approaches. The strategy will also include public relations and create greater visibility to EIF initiatives for the allocated geographies.
- In developing new relationships, this position would closely work with senior managers from each initiative in ensuring a holistic pitch (of all initiatives) to potential partners.
- The Regional Lead: Strategy and Partnership would be part of the leadership group of EIF and as such would be mentoring interns from leading management institutes. Consequently, the role would also require flexibility to take on new initiatives and opportunities.
- Independently manage end-to-end project updates in consultation with reporting manager.
- Excellent communication and networking skills. Strong written, oral and presentation skills is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to practicing innovation and managing government partners in the domain of education. Assesses problem situations to identify causes, gathers and processes relevant information, generates possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Understands state education frameworks and the training infrastructure, resources and Components for Quality Results. Feels comfortable with Data.
- Works cooperatively and effectively with others in a non-hierarchical setting to establish goals. Manages complexity and drives results.
- Managing Relations: Carries out her/his relations within the working group and across the partners with tact and diplomacy.
- The potential applicant should have demonstrated skills for engaging corporate/government and foundation leaders in strategic partnerships.
- Successful track record of identifying, cultivating, soliciting and closing national/International social impact partnerships is highly desirable.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant management experience is required.
- Masters in relevant field of Management/Social Development/Technology from premier management schools
- Based out of Mumbai
- Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
In case you are interested please click to apply
EIF is supported by Sterlite Power and Transmission Ltd. While Sterlite Power is India’s leading integrated power transmission developer and solutions provider, STL is a data networks solutions leader that designs, builds and manages smarter digital networks globally