Program Lead – Digital Repository for Teachers
EdIndia Foundation (EIF) formerly known at Sterlite school tech is a section 8 non-profit organisation.It’s incubated out of CSR funds of Sterlite Power and group companies.
EdIndia Foundation envisages to create sustainable educational interventions at scale leveraging technology. The focus of the Indian education system has been shifting from providing access to schools to ensuring acquisition of learning outcomes. The UN’s Sustainable Development Goals and 10 principles of the UN Global Compact Network have a strong influence on how Sterlite plans and implements its CSR and Sustainability initiatives.
Given the expansion plans EIF is being established as an independent unit as it expands into new space of sustainable ed-tech programs. EIF views its role as system integrator, keen on designing and rolling out large scale, Pan-India programs. As part of its aggressive scale-up plans EIF is expanding its senior management team and is seeking to recruit a Program Lead - Digital Repository for Teachers. The proposed role will work centrally in the Foundation with the Lead Strategy. The role is envisaged keeping in mind the vision to develop and scale the digital repository for teacher’s project.
EIF has been running an English Phonics Reading Program in 400 Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) schools over Virtual Classrooms, since 2012. This program impacts more than 2lakh students. We are in the process of deepening our intervention with MCGM by introducing innovations such as data analytics to analyse teaching quality and inform capacity building strategy of MCGM education outreach. This initiative is hived off as acknowledge consulting unit to leverage the intellectual property and data products to help administrative units create their own decision support system to inform educational strategy.
EIF has also set up an innovative intervention in Rajasthan with 100 schools leveraging technology to build teacher capacity in government school system. This project is unique and is set to collaborate with an “tier AUS university to become a pilot lab for tech enabled classroom practices.The program aims to reach out to
- Strategizing, execution and delivery on “Digital Repository for Teachers” project. Provide operation insights.
- Own, drive and manage content creation and curation initiatives as part of above-mentioned project.
- Create and drive partnerships with content creators or operational stakeholders, set-up mechanisms to curate content of relevance.
- Innovate and institutionalize Knowledge Management services, tools and platforms. •Support development of content, communication and social media initiatives.
- Independently manage end-to-end project updates in consultation with reporting manager.
- The Manager will work very closely with Lead Academics and Lead Partnerships and Strategy as well as operational heads.
- Reporting to the Lead: Partnerships and Strategy, the Consultant will work to ensure development of quality content, operationalization of a pilot for Digital Repository for Teachers, ensuring high-quality measurement of project outputs and intermediate outcomes.
- Experience in creating and curating content for teacher development
- Demonstrating ability to manage and implement large scale education projects
- Demonstrated ability to practicing Innovation and Change.Develop new and innovative ways to improve delivery, optimize costs, improve strategy and engagement.
- Building Collaborative Relationships: Works cooperatively and effectively with others in a non-hierarchical setting to establish goals, resolves problems and makes decisions that enhance Project Delivery. Manages complexity and drive for results.
- The potential applicant should have demonstrated skills in at least one of the following: Data Analytics, Academic Content, Pedagogy, program management experience in low income school environment.
- Successful track record of identifying, cultivating, onboarding and concluding vendor or service provider arrangements is highly desirable
- Successful track record of identifying, cultivating, soliciting and closing national/International partnerships is highly desirable.
- Minimum 5 –8years of relevant management experience is required.
- Masters in relevant field of Management/Social Development/Technology / Education
- Based out of Mumbai
- Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
In case you are interested please click to apply
EIF is supported by Sterlite Power and Transmission Ltd. (SPTL1) and Sterlite Technologies Ltd. (STL2). While Sterlite Power is India’s leading integrated power transmission developer and solutions provider, STLis a data networks solutions leader that designs, builds and manages smarter digital networks globally