Field Coordinator – Digital Repository for Teachers
EdIndia Foundation (EIF) formerly known at Sterlite school tech is a section 8 non-profit organisation.It’s incubated out of CSR funds of Sterlite Power and group companies.
EdIndia Foundation envisages to create sustainable educational interventions at scale leveraging technology. The focus of the Indian education system has been shifting from providing access to schools to ensuring acquisition of learning outcomes. The UN’s Sustainable Development Goals and 10 principles of the UN Global Compact Network have a strong influence on how Sterlite plans and implements its CSR and Sustainability initiatives.
Given the expansion plans EIF is being established as an independent unit as it expands into new space of sustainable ed-tech programs. EIF views its role as system integrator, keen on designing and rolling out large scale, Pan-India programs. As part of its aggressive scale-up plans EIF is expanding its field team in Rajasthan and is seeking to recruit a Field Coordinator – DigitalRepository for Teachers.The proposed role will work closely with the Program Lead leading the on-ground implementation of the program.
EIF has been running an English Phonics Reading Program in 400 Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM) schools over Virtual Classrooms, since 2012. This program impacts more than 2lakh students. We are in the process of deepening our intervention with MCGM by introducing innovations such as data analytics to analyse teaching quality and inform capacity building strategy of MCGM education outreach. This initiative is hived off as acknowledge consulting unit to leverage the intellectual property and data products to help administrative units create their own decision support system to inform educational strategy.
EIF has also set up an innovative intervention in Rajasthan with 100 schools leveraging technology to build teacher capacity in government school system. This project is unique and is set to collaborate with an “tier AUS university to become a pilot lab for tech enabled classroom practices.The program aims to reach out to 2000 schools by 2021.
- The Field Coordinator, reporting to the Program Lead will lead the creation of audio video resources for teachers. S/he will manage the delivery of project results tagged to Digital repository for teachers.
- S/he will mentor the teachers through regular on-site support mechanisms to prepare pipeline of teachers for the creation of resources for the program.
- The Field Coordinator will provide on-site support to operationalise the creation of resources on day to day basis. The support includes monitoring and coordinating with content and video team.
- The Field Coordinator will work closely with district and block officials of Department of Education, Govt. Of Rajasthan to expand the users for the Digital repository app.
- In coordination with the Program Lead, the Field Coordinator will also work closely with the project partners for Content developers, videographers, editors and others to ensure development of quality content, operationalization of audio –Video resource creation, ensuring high-quality measurement of project outputs and intermediate outcomes.
- Being the point of contact with staff of selected schools the Field Coordinator will address their support requirements for the program.
- The Field Coordinator will also anchor the Pilot and scale up plans of the digital repository app and will be pivotal for the collecting critical insights for the app development.
- Other key responsibilities shall include but are not limited to, Stakeholder management and coordination with the Rajasthan team, Teacher capacity building, Vendor liaison.
- Experience in creating and curating content for teacher development
- Demonstrated ability to practicing Innovation and Change. Develop new and innovative ways to improve delivery, optimize costs, improve strategy and engagement.
- Achieving Quality Results: Sets priorities, develops a work schedule, monitors progress toward goals, and tracks details/data/information/activities.
- Managing Relations: Carries out her/his relations within the working group and across the partners with tact and diplomacy.
- Having experience of creating audio -video resources for any education program would be an added advantage
- Willingness to travel local and outstation
Qualifications & Skills
- Proven experience in innovative initiatives in Education, Public Education System and local governance levels.
- Exposure to leveraging technology in educational interventions.
- Experience of creating content for teacher capacity building programs.
- Hands on computer skills, including MS Office. Familiarity to technology would be a plus.
- Basic understanding of student facing and teacher facing videos.
- Masters in relevant field of Social Development/Education/Technology and experience in working with Government schools is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience of closely working in education system.
- Based out in Jaipur
- Remuneration will be competitive with Indian philanthropy pay scales and will depend upon the candidate’s experience levels.
In case you are interested please click to apply
EIF is supported by Sterlite Power and Transmission Ltd. (SPTL1) and Sterlite Technologies Ltd. (STL2). While Sterlite Power is India’s leading integrated power transmission developer and solutions provider, STLis a data networks solutions leader that designs, builds and manages smarter digital networks globally