However, efforts to initiate data analysis have remained nascent. Given the wealth of data and its potential use to inform capacity building and decision-making processes, MCGM has initiated a partnership with EdIndia Foundation (EF) through its associate entity Sterlite School Tech (SST) to analyse data sets and inform strategy. Process to build similar partnership with Education initiatives of other states is also under progress.
EF intends to set up a team anchored on innovation and data analytics to create relevant Decision Support System for government educational initiatives at scale. The analysis outcomes are integrated with mobile enabled dashboards.
Responsibilities of Data Analyst
- Provide technical leadership in Data Analytics of large data sets
- Design and develop analytical models and contribute in statistical analysis of relevant data
- Handle end-to-end data import, processing and management of a huge volume of data in-flow into the system from multiple sources
- Establishing the data analysis system model that enables fact-based decision making and ad hoc analysis and insight generation
- Improving and streamlining processes regarding data handling, data structure, data analysis & data visualization
- Guide the team throughout the process and oversee the progress of the project and prepare relevant visualization dashboards for the key stakeholders including Education Department Officials
You could be a good match if you are
- A believer in Data and its importance and their relevance: You have strong quantitative and analytical abilities, with sound understanding of data; in both traditional relational systems and present day big-data methodologies
- A self-starter and learning enthusiast: It’s a start up project and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. The Data Support Project that we are undertaking is cutting edge and would expose the team members to extensive mentoring on combining data analysis with social impact. Most of the work we do has not been tried before and initiative & a learning bent of mind will thrive in the project environment.
- A friend to technology: We don’t want you to be techie or programmer but a knack to understand technology and how to use it to make oneself efficient would be very useful. Ability to understand how our dashboard works and to represent data to make critical decisions would be very useful. Exposure to Statistical software e.g. STATA, Big Data space (R,R-Studio) and visualizing data analytics (e.g. Data Studio/Tableau) would be preferred
- A Team player: We are attempting to build a lean and flat organization. We are looking to get together with people who are more driven by passion than position or perks. Hence it is critical that one strives to add value to each team member and help everyone learn and succeed. This is essential condition to affect the mission positively
- Complete openness to open source movement and sharing: We embrace open source movement and all the content we create is free and open source for anyone out there. We also believe in sharing our process and what we are learning periodically to create a community of practice. An alignment to the same is something we are looking for in all our team members
Qualifications & Experience
- Graduate in any discipline with MBA/MSW/PGDBM (two years’ full time course) from a recognized University.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in similar role like Education consultant, handling state education, Business development of Ed Tech products, Rural Management is preferred.
Remuneration and Benefits
- Cumulative compensation including variable would range around INR 6 LPA as per experience and qualification
- Separate Travel, Laptop and Health Insurance Allowance and Perks.
- Location: Mumbai
- Commensurate to skill-sets and experience
Last date of Application
- June 15, 2020
In case you are interested please click to apply
About EdIndia Foundation:
EdIndia Foundation (EF) is a section 8 not for profit company focussed on leveraging technology and data analytics to create innovative solutions to impact education at scale. EF has been provided incubation support by Sterlite Power Transmission Ltd. (SPTL) and its group companies.